MYSTERY STORY CONTEST
• • •
REAL WRITERS CONTEST #5
Real Writers Contest #5 - THE WRITE TRACK
Season's Greetings, Mystery Fans --
Is the opening page of your story on the write track to make readers want more? Find out by entering Real Writers Contest #5 from October 18 through December 31, 2017.
1) Email the first page of your story (up to 500 words) with your working title to MysteryAnthology@gmail.com (no attachments). It will be remailed to the judges without the author's name.
2) Judges (also anonymous) will be authors published in the Mystery Anthology who kindly volunteer to participate.
3) Judges vote by replying to the same emails they receive with the contest entries. A simple "Yes", "Maybe", or "Not so much", along with a one-sentence comment , indicates how compelling the judge finds the opening page of the story.
4) Unlike most contests, entries will be sent to judges as soon as received, rather than waiting for all to be reviewed at once.
5) The entry with the most "Yes" votes on December 31, 2017 will receive the Critics' Choice Award of a 2018 membership in Arizona Mystery Writers, Sisters in Crime, or The Society of Southwestern Authors. In case of a tie there will be a re-vote by three authors. The winner will be announced on January 1, 2018.
May your interest in effective writing bring you many happy returns. If you have questions or suggestions, please email Molly at MysteryAnthology@gmail.com.
To receive quarterly Mystery Anthology updates, please email Molly at MysteryAnthology@gmail.com.
.• • •